Thursday, June 26, 2014

Zamboanga City

"The Asia's Latin City!"--- as they call it. And here I am in the beautiful Ciudad de Zamboanga! This trip gave me a glimpse of the Spanish era and memoirs of the Spanish language. The one whole month of waiting was finally over. At last! My friend and I boarded the plane and off we went to Zamboanga City, Philippines. We got the PISO fare airline ticket in Cebu Pac. We bought it for 1500 round trip and stayed there for 3 days and two nights. 
Up up and away!
The flight going to Zamboanga was delayed for 15 minutes as I expected. Yet, the boarding time back home to Davao was half an hour earlier! Good job here Cebu pac guys! 
touch down Zamboanga Airport!
solemn mass is held at The Fort Pilar Shrine regularly
the wall of Fort Pilar Shrine



Paseo del Mar at night 
This is definitely a world class sight as Paseo del Mar brag its Musical Dancing Fountain. We watched the show for a long time and took some shots

pink sand beach (macro)
 This was the very highlight of our trip, the visit to the Asia's well-known pink sand beach in Sta. Cruz. It's just 15 minutes boat ride from Paseo del Mar and very accessible to all tourist and travelers. The water is so clear that I can snorkel fishes from the shallow part of the sea. Scuba diving is also available in the place but must have reservation beforehand.
Islas de Sta. Cruz
 We got along with other locals who regularly visit the place for swimming and outings. According to them, Sta. Cruz is a floating island. It's a recent discovery that allow the locals to be more aware of the changes in the island from time to time. If the water wave and weather permit, the island might change position and draw closer to the city. Quite interesting fact for me, but who knows when it happen?

fruits on sale 

Curacha seafood complemented with Alavar special sauce
I've been dreaming to taste this Chavacano's delightful cuisine long before the trip. Indeed, it intensely fulfill my cravings! It melts in your mouth!--- as I say and others would commend.  Super delicioso! And as I write this blog, I'm desiring to taste it again. oh dear,bring me to Zamboanga again! ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment