Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Iloilo City and Guimaras Island

Touchdown in the Heart of the Philippine island, Iloilo city! This is a business trip though. I didn't have much time for sightseeing and enjoy the place. Anyhow, I was able to fulfill my senses with the new environment, breathe fresh air, listen to soft spoken Ilonggo language and taste local Ilonggo food.

Welcome sign! 
Ruben Gonzaga at  Molo Church
Ruben Gonzaga, our Agri Tayo Dito host, posed in one of the Must-see-Churches in Iloilo city. We were able to look inside. Blimey! How I desired time permit us to attend the holy mass but we just can't. Off we went to the next location shoot.



Agri Tayo Dito staff in  Iloilo Municipal Hall

dish

local dish

I'm lured to try Ilonggo dish like the well-known, Batchoy of La Paz City. Indeed, it's different when you savor the flavor of authentic Ilonggo cooking. Aside from that, I tried these gastronomically tempting food. 

UP Visayas in the downtown city

UP Visayas Oble
Our vehicle happened to pass by UP Visayas and I eventually took some snapshots of it. Another UP unit of my University out here. Proud to be Iska!

Another bliss in our trip was to visit Guimaras Island which is just 15 minutes away from Iloilo. We rode a pumped boat with full of other passengers.

The island is so mesmerizing itself. Mango trees surround the island and surely a real sweet treat.
Ralph endorsed mango fruits

Guimaras mango
I promise to go back to Iloilo City and have fun the next time. Hakuna Matata and 'til next time Iloilo!


No comments:

Post a Comment